Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Drink Thy Cup

tired of being scared
scarred by old wounds
by fear, by love
but when you came to me last night
your whispers comforted me
as you gently put your lips to my ear and said,

"hold up the cup to your lips
my love, and take courage,
drink deeply, fully
till it runs down your chin,
drink my love full of sorrows and joys
dont be afraid of what the future may bring
dont be afraid of what will happen to us,
just drink me. drink this day, this life.
its bound to be beautiful,
its bound to break us
its bound to heal us
its bound to bring us together."

lover of my heart, soul and body
tis better to drink
the sweetness and bitterness
than to only stare at your own pale eyes
in a stale reflection

to not drink at all,
to hold and cherish at a distance
but not taste the wine of love,
the wine of life,
is the real waste.

strong enough to sting my wounds
to make me weep
to make me feel joy
enough to warm my bones
chiding a freedom song
overcoming the bitter dregs

oh my love
no longer afraid to drink the cup
it is the only true cup
it is the cup of our love
the cup of humanity

although we remain
in the garden of fear
my anxious friend
anxious soul
bleeds for me
desiring your touch
but afraid to wound you,
disapoint you
refuse you,
rebuke you,
fail you.

you once again say
lift up your cup love,
take courage, my love
Drink me,
love me,
be with me.

this cup is eternal
this friendship is eternal
this love is eternal
nothing can break it,
not even the painful sorrows,
feelings of a dark eternity
hopelessness
these stalling demons

love without
turmoiling shadows
cannot be tested
cannot be real
cannot be true

splash in the wine of the cup
bathe in it
pour it over your head
drink it fully my love
to find the freedom
surrender to the cup
dance with it
dance with me


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home