Wednesday, December 28, 2005

From Braveheart to LadyHawk







--twas the night before Christmas eve and all through the house not a creature was stirring except for me who cut off all my dread locks with my jack knife (thanks for the gift than!--that little gadget is handy)

it took three hours at least, I was trying to savage as much as possible...i haven't had really short hair since I was five or so...I just couldnt handle a week of pulling and brushing my hair out, no way. besides there wouldn't be anything left if I tried brushing it out... mee rasta dreads had turned into Braveheart--it was like 'dismantling a hairy octopus off my head' U2's new album being released next month =) nudge nudge wink wink--the dreads had grown together...it was scary, like it had really taken on a life of its own (like the food moving off the plate in 'better off dead') speaking of the 80's not that i was in them for very long (well actually 9 years out of 10 constitutes most of the 80's)--although growing up in kenya in the 90s was probably like the 80's since the western style was a bit...delayed---even the 70s were still strong-are still strong--even me i like the 60's) alright I dont know what i am talking about, but what I do know I will tell you, this is what I know, and you shall know once i tell you...at least U2 will never die, 70's, 80's 90's 203o's----they are timeless. What I was originally going to say about the 80's is that my haircut looks fairly 80's ish---like Lady Hawk--one of the best movies ever made..... "and her name is... Izabon" "Nevaa has returned" you know, "Big man, black horse"--Matthew Broderick is in that movie, which is almost as good as Ferris Bueler's day off--but not soo much. alright so my haircut has inspired much conversation on 80's movies--any questions, comments, flowers, chocolates...promises you dont intend to keep?

so its probably the worst haircut ever..no, it is the worst haircut ever--because i cut it myself and its in a range of 1-3 inches depending on each strands democratic choice of length--thats why it took so long--the electoral process kicks badly. what?! but noone seems to notice that it is a really bad haircut, in fact I dont even notice cause i cant see the back thankfuly...it looks like a lot of wigs the girls and women wear here actually. floppy and curly, and not real...except mine is real...

So I haven't suffered too much from Post Dread Syndrome--I am glad they are gone, although there is a twinge of sadness that it just didn't work out between us. But at least i can show some picutres to my kids one day and they will think its cool or not (and that is the reason to do everything isn't it--so you can show pics to your kids?)

and this pic isnt actualy too bad--notice they are partly in the darkness...hmmm, must beware of the dark side, hmmm...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home